Lemon Tea is a refreshing drink made by preparing tea decoction then adding lemon juice and honey to it when it is warm. Lemon Tea is a great alternate to the regular tea that is a must try at home during relaxing weekends. Lemon Tea Recipe is explained in this post with step by step pictures and video.
Reworded: Lemon tea is a combination of black tea, lemon juice, and honey. You can adjust the sweetness by adding honey or sugar, or you can enjoy the tea without any sweeteners. Lemon tea is my preferred drink, especially during the summer months. There’s nothing more refreshing than having a cup of Lemon Tea after a hot and exhausting day. Although I’m not a big fan of tea, I do enjoy it occasionally.
About Lemon Tea
A simple tea with the infusion of tea decoction, lemon juice and honey. I love hot beverages and cold beverages depends on the climate and my mood. Also I can’t stand any beverage which turns my tea and coffee to be cold but few exceptions are there like iced lemon tea, cold coffee etc. But on the flip side, hubby loves tea either hot or cold so made this Lemon Tea for him and I too enjoyed it.
During the middle of my mornings, usually around 11 AM, I enjoy drinking Lemon Tea. It helps to refresh me after completing my daily household tasks. Whether I have it with milk or without, a hot cup of tea always adds a burst of freshness to my otherwise dull day.
The process of making Lemon Tea involves boiling water and tea powder to create a decoction. After straining, lemon juice and honey are added to the warm mixture. This tea is known for its soothing, refreshing, and comforting qualities, making it a perfect beverage for any time of the day.
Reworded: Lemon Tea is a great option for soothing sore throats and relieving cold symptoms, especially as a morning beverage. It is a quick and simple drink to prepare, taking only a few minutes. Give this Lemon Tea a try and enjoy!
Lemon Tea Video
More Tea Recipes
- Green tea
- Black Tea
- Ginger cardamom tea
- Cinnamon honey tea
- Sulaimani chai
Lemon Tea Ingredients
- Tea powder
Lemon Tea Recipe Step by Step
Begin by slicing the lemons. It is important to use fresh and juicy lemons.
Squeeze a lemon to extract its juice using a lemon squeezer.
Gather the liquid and dispose of any remaining solids. Put it to the side.
Add 2 cups of water to a saucepan.
Mix in 2 teaspoons of tea powder.
Allow it to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Boil for 2-3 minutes, being careful not to overcook.
Bring it to a vigorous boil like this.
11.Set aside covered for few minutes.
Next, use a strainer to strain the tea decoction.
13.Discard the remains.
Next, pour 3/4 cup of warm tea decoction into a glass.
To dilute the decoction, add 1/4 cup of warm water. If you prefer a stronger tea, omit this step.
Mix in one teaspoon of lemon juice.
Add two teaspoons of honey, sugar, or your preferred sweetener.
18.Mix this well.
To prepare your lemon tea, simply add a slice of lemon and it is ready to be served!
The Warm Lemon Tea is now prepared!
- Avoid overcooking tea after adding the tea powder as it may result in a strong and bitter taste.
- Avoid adding lemon juice to hot tea as it may result in a bitter taste.
- Only add honey to warm tea.
- Add 1 teaspoon of grated ginger to a pot of boiling water. Once the water is boiling, add tea powder and continue with the remaining steps. Your Ginger Lemon Tea will be ready to enjoy!
- One can enhance the flavor by incorporating a small amount of cinnamon.
- You have the option to substitute honey with sugar or any preferred sweetener.
- To enhance the taste, consider incorporating ginger and cardamom. Begin by boiling water and then adding 1 teaspoon of grated ginger and 2 cardamom. Allow it to boil briefly before adding tea powder. Let it boil for 2 minutes before straining. Finish by adding lemon juice and a sweetener of your choice.
- Include fresh mint leaves to enhance the taste with a refreshing mint flavor.
- You have the option to include ice cubes and serve the drink as Iced Lemon Tea.
Serving & Storing Suggestion
- You are able to enjoy Lemon Tea at any point during the day, but limit yourself to a maximum of two times per day.
- I suggest consuming it while fresh for optimal flavor.
- Storing Lemon Tea is not recommended as it is best enjoyed when freshly made.
? Can you explain what Lemon Tea is?
To make Lemon Tea, first brew a strong tea and then mix in lemon juice and honey while it is still warm.
What advantages does Lemon Tea offer?
Lemon Tea helps boost immunity, soothes the throat, aids in digestion, promotes weight loss, keeps you hydrated, and is a great source of Vitamin C.
Is Lemon Tea effective for weight loss?
Drinking Lemon Tea can aid in decreasing the accumulation of fat in your body, making it a beneficial choice for weight loss.
Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] for any further inquiries about this Lemon Tea Recipe. Also, be sure to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Youtube, and Twitter for more updates.
Have you tried making this Lemon Tea Recipe? Please share your thoughts on it. Remember to mention us on Instagram @sharmispassions and use the hashtag #sharmispassions.
📖 Recipe Card
Lemon Tea Recipe
For the tea decoction
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoon tea powder
For Lemon Tea
- 3/4 cup prepared tea decoction
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon
- Begin by slicing the lemons. Make sure to use ripe and juicy lemons.
- Squeeze a lemon to extract its juice using a lemon squeezer.
- Gather the juice and dispose of the leftover parts. Put aside.
- Add 2 cups of water to a saucepan.
- Add two teaspoons of tea powder.
- Mix quickly.
- Allow it to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Bring to a boil, but do not overcook – 2-3 minutes should suffice.
- Allow it to reach a vigorous boil.
- Switch off.
- Allow to rest for a few minutes while covered.
- Pour the tea decoction through a strainer to remove any solids.
- Discard the remains.
- Next, pour 3/4 cup of warmed tea decoction into a glass for serving.
- Include 1/4 cup of warm water to the mixture. This will dilute the concentrated liquid, but if you prefer a stronger tea, you can omit adding water.
- Mix in 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Mix in 2 teaspoons of honey, sugar, or your preferred sweetener.
- Mix this well.
- Once a slice of lemon is added, your lemon tea will be ready to enjoy!
- Add 1 teaspoon of grated ginger to boiling water, then add tea powder and follow the remaining steps to make your Ginger Lemon Tea.
- To enhance the taste, consider sprinkling a bit of cinnamon.
- You have the option to substitute honey for sugar or any other type of sweetener that you prefer.
- To enhance the taste, consider incorporating ginger and cardamom into your recipe. Begin by boiling water, then mix in 1 teaspoon of grated ginger and 2 cardamom pods. After steeping, add tea powder and continue boiling for 2 minutes before straining. For added flavor, add a splash of lemon juice and sweetener.
- Include mint leaves to give a refreshing mint taste.
- You have the option of incorporating ice cubes and serving Iced Lemon Tea.
The post Lemon Tea appeared first on Sharmis Passions.